Information runners Slachtemarathon 2020
The 6th edition of the Slachtemarathon will take place on Saturday June 13 2020 and starts at 06:30 hours. A total of 1.750 runners can participate in this journey of 42 km and 195 meters along the Slachtedijk. This year the start will be in Raerd and the finish will be in Oosterbierum. In here you can find more information about the application. Please read carefully before you order your ticket, since it holds important information and an explanation about the choices that need to be made during your application.
The application for the Slachtemarathon 2020 started on Saturday January 18 2020. However, the application form is only available in Dutch. If you do not understand the application form you can send an email to email@example.com
In the application system there will be a step-by-step on which choices you have to make and what information we require from you.
Participating in the Slachtemarathon for runners costs €55,-.
The registration closes as soon as the maximum amount of participators has been reached, but no later than Sunday May 17 2020. Keep an eye on our website and social media channels!
Your registration for the Slachtemarathon includes the following components:
- bib number with your name
- time registration via chip or bib number
- a beautiful challenging route along the former Slachtedijk
- care stations along the route at 5 – 10 – 15 – 20 – 25 – 30 – 32.5 – 35 – 37.5 – 40 km
- pacers present at scheme 3.15 – 3.30 – 3.45 – 4.00 – 4.15 – 4.30 – 4.45 hours
- transport to the start and from the finish (slachtebusses)
- an unique memory of the Slachtemarathon 2020
- arts, culture and music along the way, adapted to the nature of the running race
For the registration we ask you for your name, address, date of birth, phone number and email address. This way we can keep you up to date about the preparations for the Slachtemarathon. We can also send you mail.
Transport from and to the Slachtemarathon 2020
The Slachtemarathon takes place in a very unique environment. The dyke connects the villages in a beautiful landscape, from the heart of Fryslân in Raerd to the seawall in Oosterbierum. It is an environment where peace and space are special values. This also means that the environment is not created for 15.250 participants who will take their own transportation to the start and finish of the Slachtemarathon. That is why we offer several transportation options.
There are multiple ways to get to the start of the Slachtemarathon:
- Walking or cycling to the start in Raerd (application form: lopend/met de fiets naar de start).
- You park your car near the finish in Oosterbierum and from there take the Slachtemarathonbus which will drive you to the start in Raerd (application form: parkeren nabij Oosterbierum, vervolgens met de bus naar de start in Raerd).
- Someone drops you off at Oosterbierum and you take the bus to the start in Raerd (application form: afzetten (tút-en-der-út) nabij Oosterbierum, vervolgens met de bus naar de start in Raerd).
- You park your car in Leeuwarden and take the Slachtemarathonbus that leaves from Leeuwarden (application form: parkeren in Leeuwarden, vervolgens met de bus naar de start in Raerd).
- Someone drops you off in Leeuwarden and you take the Slachtemarathon bus from there (application form: afzetten (tút-en-der-út in Leeuwarden, vervolgens met de bus naar de start in Raerd).
- Someone drops you off near the start in Raerd
(application form: afzetten (tút-en-der-út) nabij de start in Raerd).
Besides that, there is only a possibility for race runners with a care taker to temporarily park a car in Raerd. The runner and care taker will together receive one special parking ticket, immediately after the start the care taker leaves with the car.
From the finish we will bring you back to your original starting point with the Slachtebus.
While ordering your tickets you can choose how you will get to the start. After ordering your tickets you can’t come back and change this, so think about the option that works the best for you in advance.
When ordering your tickets you can fill in your athletics club or walking group, if they are a member of the Atletiekunie. With your atletiekunie-number you will be classified in the right category. This is mainly for runners who have a competition license.
With the registration for the Slachtemarathon the runners will be divided into two areas: 1 competition area for the faster competition runners and one area for the regular runners. This way every participant can enjoy the Slachtemarathon and the peace and space of the beautiful route.
Ordering running t-shirt or hoody
There is a possibility to order a t-shirt or hoody with your application. In that case it is good to know your clothing size! T-shirts will cost €17,50 a piece and hoodies cost €35,00. Delivery costs will be €7,50 per order.
Examples and more information about clothing can be found here.
Runners who aren’t connected to an association, club or trainer, but who do want to receive a professional training schedule to train for the Slachtemarathon 2020 can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck with your application!
You can apply here. (Reminder: it’s only available in Dutch!)